Longwood Rotary needs your gently used backpacks to support our book bag project benefiting underprivileged children in the community
For the past 10 years, Longwood Rotary Club (www.longwoodrotary.com) has provided free backpacks and school supplies to children of low-income families in the local community. We believe that every child should start the school year with the tools necessary for success. Our club provides age-appropriate items for each grade, including: backpacks, pencils, paper, erasers, notebooks, markers, highlighters, folders, binders, glue, glue sticks, tissues, and other items.
NEW PARTNERSHIP THIS YEAR!
Longwood Rotary Club has just launched a partnership with the Unionville Chadds Ford School District to increase the number of children we can support. Here are several ways you can help….
- Donation Locations – Look for bright blue donation bins, like the one shown here, in the lobbies of all district schools.
- Last Day Bags – New white plastic bags will be located next to every blue donation bin for the last day of school when students donating their emptied backpacks need to carry home schoolwork and other belongings.
- Collections –The blue bins will continue to be available in schools all summer (Monday through Thursday) and during the first weeks of the new school year to receive backpacks and supplies.
- Bonus Items – As you shop for the 2016-2017 school year, we ask you to consider buying and contributing additional supplies that are on sale, such as those noted above.
- “Loss Leader” Specials – Who can resist those terrific“ loss leader” specials for 5 and
10 cents?! Buy these reduced-cost products while you are shopping, and help less fortunate kids get off to a great start in school.
Questions? For more information about this heartfelt community service project, contact Jordan Gushurst, Book Bag Project Chair, Longwood Rotary Club, at email@example.com.Thank you for your support!