We deeply appreciate the time taken by so many of you who provided feedback during this year’s curriculum review. The following represents some of the ways that parents have given us very valuable feedback.
- We had over 100 parents participate in the Gifted Services parent focus groups. The input provided us with key insights to help us improve services for students - not only for those identified as being gifted, but for all students as well.
- Over 80 parents provided feedback in our annual Year 1 Curriculum Council survey. The focus of this survey was English Language Arts, Math, and World Language. This feedback will be shared, along with the feedback from the members of the Curriculum Council, with the teachers and administrators on the specific curriculum committees.
- We also had 173 parents respond to our Kindergarten-2nd grade survey. This survey focused on our K-2 program and was sent to all 2nd-5th grade families. The results of this survey have been shared with the committee and has helped inform their discussions a variety of issues related to our youngest learners.
- Working with the Curriculum Council and the School Board, we were able to get so many new and exciting programs launched this year. Take a look at the Year 2 Curriculum Review Update - 2-13-17 to learn more about these programs.
- The Curriculum Department website provides documentation on all K-12 curriculum, Curriculum and Educational Technology Board Documents and an overview of the "Curriculum Cycle" process